Co-Op, ASIC Engineer, Minnesota (Summer-Fall 2023)
The SoC Development team is seeking highly motivated students to join a team of experienced engineers working on development of hard disk drive controller SoCs.
As an engineering Co-Op you will get involved in many aspects of ASIC development including design, verification, and timing closure. You get exposure to state-of-the-art silicon technologies and prototyping platforms which contribute to the success of industry leading data storage control SoC’s that get deployed into high volume consumer and enterprise products.
The growing diversity of data creates an exponential number of new possibilities – for the world, our company and you. You’ll be part of a team driving the innovations necessary to outpace new demands and challenges everywhere data lives, from sensors to mobile devices to the cloud. We’ve only started to scratch the surface of what data can do. You can help unlock its full potential.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, test and support UVM testbenches for SoC level verification
- Testplan documentation and code reviews
- Verify various features using targeted/random/corner-case/coverage tests
- Simulate and debug RTL and digital circuits using tools such as Cadence Incisive, Cadence Xcelium, Cadence vManager, Mentor Graphic QuestaSim, and/or Synopsys VCS
- Regression management and code/functional coverage analysis
- Develop, test and support scripts for simulation, regression management, synthesis/timing, documentation and other tools
College student majoring in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical skills in area of study
- Interest in ASICs, SoCs, hard disk drives, flash, semiconductor components
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong team-player who can collaborate with colleagues
- Verification methodology - UVM
- Verilog, System Verilog
- Object Oriented Programming
- Linux operating system
- Perl, Python, MySQL, PHP
- High Speed Serial Interface Protocols – SAS, SATA, PCIe, UFS
- SDRAM Interface Protocols – DDR3, DDR4
- ARM AMBA – APB, AHB, AXI