STUDENT TRAINEE (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY) - OECA
This position is in Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance (OECA). About OECA: OECA WEBSITE
This is an office-centered position--you must physically report to one of the duty stations stated in this announcement on a regular basis (location TBD after candidate selected). Partial work-from-home flexibilities may be authorized.
Enrolled students or individuals who have been accepted for enrollment seeking a diploma, certificate, bachelor’s degree, graduate degree, or professional degree from a qualifying educational institution on a full- or half-time basis, including awardees of the Harry S. Truman Foundation Scholarship Program.
At the GS-5 level, you will
- Perform a variety of routine support tasks in the area of applications development and maintenance;
- Assemble materials for staff associated with meetings and conferences with project members. Prepares responses to project inquiries; provides data, project status material, general funding information, etc. to various groups;
- Attend meetings with users to define/clarify/refine needs and requirements;
- Perform routine portions of coding projects that involve conditions and elements that must be identified and analyzed to discern interrelationships;
- Assignment involve various duties involving different and unrelated processes and methods;
- The incumbent will select appropriate methods and procedures for assignments based upon the analysis of the subject, phase, or issue involved in each assignment;
- Assists senior staff with routine aspects of information management work.
At the GS-7 level, you will:
- Provide support to higher-graded IT Specialist in the area of application software, programming, analysis, and problem resolution;
- Learn and provide maintenance for existing software systems;
- Research application software security information, policies, principles, and practices;
- Assist with IT systems projects and activities in support of the program staff.
One or more positions may be filled (in the organization advertised and/or in other organizations), if appropriate to the position.