STUDENT TRAINEE (ADMINISTRATION) [Current Students] - OECA
This position is in Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance (OECA). About OECA: OECA WEBSITE
This is an office-centered position--you must physically report to one of the duty stations stated in this announcement on a regular basis (location TBD after candidate selected). Partial work-from-home flexibilities may be authorized.
Enrolled students or individuals who have been accepted for enrollment seeking a diploma, certificate, bachelor’s degree, graduate degree, or professional degree from a qualifying educational institution on a full- or half-time basis, including awardees of the Harry S. Truman Foundation Scholarship Program.
At the GS-5 level, you will
- Assists senior specialists in conducting program analysis functions;
- Researches legal and regulatory material to obtain factual information and/or interpretation for use by the supervisor or co-workers;
- Attends meetings and conferences to observe the proceedings;
- Collects data from reference sources in office and incorporates it into typed/computer generated material;
- Verify and arranges information in accordance with the general nature of the material and purpose of presentation;
- Provide information and assistance on procedural requirements and formats for filing various data and material;
- Assemble materials for staff associated with briefings, conferences, and meetings.
At the GS-7 level, you will:
- Perform varied routine program analysis functions;
- Analyze portions of current or projected program operations to evaluate effectiveness in meeting established goals and objectives;
- Research and interprets legal and regulatory material for use by the supervisor or coworkers. Attends meetings and conferences to observe the proceedings;
- Collect data from a variety of reference sources in office and prepares reports to present patterns and trends in program activities;
- Assemble materials for staff associated with briefings, conferences, and meetings;
- Use several types of office automation tools, such as word processing, graphics, spreadsheets, and database management skills to compile and manipulate information into various formats;
- Apply knowledge of various software functions to generate reports used by senior staff.
One or more positions may be filled (in the organization advertised and/or in other organizations), if appropriate to the position.