STUDENT TRAINEE (BIOLOGY/ENGINEERING/PHYSICAL SCIENCE/CHEMISTRY) [Current Students] - OECA
This position is in Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance (OECA). About OECA: OECA WEBSITE
This is an office-centered position--you must physically report to the duty station stated in this announcement on a regular basis. Partial work-from-home flexibilities may be authorized.
Enrolled students or individuals who have been accepted for enrollment seeking a diploma, certificate, bachelor’s degree, graduate degree, or professional degree from a qualifying educational institution on a full- or half-time basis, including awardees of the Harry S. Truman Foundation Scholarship Program.
- Perform data collection and analysis (such as water, plants, sediments, animals, etc.) from field (e.g. marshes, streams, or estuary) or set up and harvest cultures for experiments; mix chemicals and solvents; record and report observations of changes; chart growth and weight measurements;
- Conduct laboratory sample processing and data collection, including but not limited to, measuring, filtering, grinding, and weighing samples.
- Data entry of data collected and perform quality assurance checks of data;
- Use of laboratory equipment to analyze samples (such as CHN machine,
- fluorometer, etc.);
- Prepare samples for analyses;
- Review literature for assessment and information gathering
One or more positions may be filled (in the organization advertised and/or in other organizations), if appropriate to the position.