Internship in Technology: Software Engineer (Undergraduate & Master's)
Dimensional was built around a set of ideas bigger than the firm itself. With a confidence in markets, deep connections to the academic community, and a focus on implementation, we go where the science leads, and continue to pursue new insights, both large and small, that can benefit our clients.
Dimensional’s Technology department designs, develops and operates with the same science and data-driven pragmatism that goes into our funds. Our team of curious and passionate technologists collaborate, develop insights, weigh variables and create the tech that enables the innovative, research-driven financial and technical products that improve our client’s financial lives.
Dimensional Fund Advisors is seeking undergrad or graduate level students actively pursuing a degree to join our 2023 summer internship program. This ten-week program will expose interns to the day-to-day activities of software engineers in the technology department. Hands-on training, interesting opportunities, and mentorship from professionals will equip you to leave the internship with real-world Financial Services and Technology industry experience.
Interns will gain insight through in-depth learning sessions and given opportunities to help drive creative solutions to challenging problems working in an agile environment. With mentorship from an experienced software engineer, interns will have the ability to own a project that creates business value and showcases your technical chops. At the completion of your internship, interns will present their work to management.
Qualifications and Desirable Experiences:
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or specialized Master’s degree, preferably in a computer science or engineering program, with an expected graduation date of December 2023 – June 2024
- Experience writing applications in one or more programing languages
- Experience writing automated tests and using version control
- Comfortable working in both Linux and Windows environments
- Ability to absorb and apply information from formal and informal learning
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, highly motivated, and able to work independently and in a team environment
- Self-starter who is capable of managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Must be authorized to work in the US. If you are an F1 student requiring sponsorship in the future, your program must be STEM and eligible for the 2 year OPT extension.