UX Designer / UX Researcher Intern - Summer 2023 Internship (Meraki)
UX Design / Research Internship, Summer 2023 (May 2023 - August 2023)
Meraki makes setting up and maintaining reliable Internet and Internet-powered devices easier than ever before. We enable organizations everywhere, from local libraries to hotels operating worldwide, to focus on their mission and have technology that simply works.
We’re looking for a UX Design intern to join us in simplifying IT! As a UX intern at Meraki, you will be responsible for the design of interactions and components. Collaborating with other designers, researchers, and partners in product management and engineering, you will collect data and conduct research to understand users’ goals, and you will explore and iterate on solutions.
We place a high value on encouraging the growth and development of everyone on the team. On the UX team, we give and get feedback early and often, share what we know, and learn from each other. UX interns will be paired with a mentor and work closely with them throughout their internship.
The UX team’s primary focus is on software, but we also find opportunities to collaborate with teams across the organization and think about how to improve the entire customer journey.
- Learn about the domain and workflows of our users
- Research: Run and synthesize research, collaborate to create solutions with designers, engineers, and product managers
- Design: Design lo-fi and hi-fi interactions, collaborate with teammates to prototype solutions
- Iterate on designs based on peer feedback, user research, usability testing, analytics, and other data
- Present rationale for product decisions
- Solicit feedback from designers, researchers, and other collaborators
- Including but not limited to an upcoming graduate of a technical degree or certification program from a Technical Boot Camp, Apprenticeship, Community College or 4-Year University, or Graduate degree program in Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, UX Design, Media Arts, or similar
- Driven, eager, and open to learning new skills and deepening your area(s) of expertise
- Excellent communicator and take initiative to check-in with your teammates
- Focus area and strength in user-centered research, human-centered design, or both
- Collaborated with people in other fields (engineering, product, etc.) and worked as a team
- Investigated problems in screen-based products and fashioned sophisticated solutions. Assessed the impact of the solutions and iterated on them.
- A basic understanding and familiarity with front-end code (HTML/CSS)
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people! We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Please include a link to your portfolio in your application or within your resume
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Requirements
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.