R&D Spring/Summer Co-op
Chemours is seeking a(n) R&D Co-op to join our Thermal & Specialized Solutions Process team! This position will report directly to the TSS Process Technology Manager.
As an R&D Engineer Co-op in the TSS Process team, you will be performing research and development activities in support of new process development projects focusing in the areas of new and optimizing existing technologies
Location: Newark, DE
Hours: Regular full-time schedule of 40 hours per week OR
Term: 6-month assignment between Jan-May 2023
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Designing and executing laboratory experiments
- Provide engineering support for pilot programs
- Compiling and analyzing statistical data
- Performing literature searches and reviews
- Documenting experimental plans and results
The following is required for this role:
- Current enrollment at an accredited university as a Junior or above
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Chemical Engineering
- Lab experience and familiarity with GC/MS instrumentation
- Ability to quickly learn new analytical tools
- Attention to detail and pro-active willingness to learn new techniques and methods
The following is preferred for this role:
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Previous internship or co-op experience in chemicals industry
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Site Holidays and Paid Day of Service (for full-time co-ops only)
- Temporary Housing Assistance
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion a Diversity Initiatives
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch—in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves—at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are—Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a “Great Place to Work-Certified Company” for 2019-2020—our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer
Chemours is an E-Verify employer
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Candidates who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) are ineligible