Registered Nurse I # 16581 – Chester
Job Title: Registered Nurse I # 16581 – Chester
Agency: Department of Human Services
Opening Date: 6/23/2022
Closing Date/Time: 07/07/2022
Salary: Anticipated Salary: $5,074 - $6,984 per month
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Posting Identification Number 10-78-16581
Work Hours: 6:45am - 7:15pm Rotating days off.
Work Location: 1315 Lehmen Dr Chester, IL 62233-2542 Division of Mental Health
Chester Mental Health Center Nursing Services - Unit A
Please click on the link to apply online: https://illinois.jobs2web.com/job-invite/16581/
The Division of Mental Health is seeking to hire an independent, highly organized, and detail-oriented Licensed Registered Nurse for the Chester Mental Health Center located Chester, Illinois. This position will be responsible for performing direct nursing care for people with mental illness. The successful candidate shall demonstrate good oral and written communication skills, be a self-starter, and be able to carry out nursing assignments pursuant to the direction of medical personnel.
1. Provides professional nursing care to individuals served on an assigned shift.
2. Provides work-related guidance, instructions, and explanations to lower-level nursing staﬀ and other direct support staﬀ in the care of individuals, injury reduction, health and safety, hygiene, treatment, procedures, and the use of equipment.
3. Attends treatment team meetings to update the Interdisciplinary Team on changes in medical status, and additional medical needs and completes paperwork to document medical information in accordance with policies and guidelines.
4. Performs quality assurance activities.
5. Attends training to keep abreast of the latest nursing techniques and concepts.
6. Serves as Center-wide medical/nursing resource on the assigned shift during the absence of other professional nursing personnel.
7. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
1. Requires graduation from an approved nursing education program resulting in an associate or diploma degree in nursing or a bachelor’s degree in nursing.
2. Requires licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois.
*This class is included as an Upward Mobility Program credential title.
Conditions of Employment
1. Requires the ability to work after business hours, weekends, and holidays on a rotation basis.
2. Requires the ability to serve on an on-call basis.
3. Requires the ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted.
4. Requires basic computer skills.
5. Requires ability to acquire and maintain Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certiﬁcate.
6. Requires the ability to travel.
7. Requires the ability to meet all agency vaccine/health-related policies and guidance.
About the Agency
IDHS’ serves families in need across Illinois. Our mission is to provide equitable access to social services, support programs, and resources to enhance the lives of all we serve. We are committed to the core values of Human Dignity, Equity, Community, Urgency, Transparency and Kindness.