Registered Nurse II # 16204 - Kankakee
Job Title: Registered Nurse II # 16204
Agency: Department of Human Services
Opening Date: 6/23/2022
Closing Date/Time: 07/07/2022
Salary: Anticipated Salary: $5,702 - $7,753 per month
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Posting Identification Number 10-75-16204
Work Hours: 7:45pm - 8:15am
Every other weekend oﬀ and rotating days oﬀ
Work Location: 100 E Jeﬀery St Kankakee, IL 60901-5018
Division of Developmental Disabilities
Shapiro Developmental Center
Please click on the link to apply online: https://illinois.jobs2web.com/job-invite/16204/.
The Division of Developmental Disabilities is seeking to hire an independent, highly organized, and detail-oriented licensed Registered Nurse for the Shapiro Center located in Kankakee, Illinois. This position will be responsible for performing direct nursing care for people with Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities, including providing work-related guidance, instruction, and explanation to lower-level direct care support staﬀ on an assigned shift. The successful candidate shall demonstrate good oral and written communication skills, be a self-starter, and be able to carry out nursing assignments pursuant to the direction of medical personnel.
1. Functions as Nurse Shift Coordinator for residential areas on an assigned shift.
2. Provides work-related guidance, instruction, and explanation to lower-level direct care support staﬀ on an assigned shift in the care of individuals, injury reduction, health and safety, hygiene, treatment, procedures, and the use of equipment.
3. Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team.
4. Sets up, operates, and monitor special equipment.
5. Prepares and maintains medical records and histories.
6. Serves as Center-Wide medical/nursing resource during the absence of other professional nursing personnel on the assigned shift.
7. Serves as a Center Float Nurse for medication administration on an assigned shift; on-call rotation, as assigned.
8. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
1. Requires (a) graduation from an approved nursing education program resulting in an associate or diploma degree in nursing and two years of progressively responsible professional nursing experience; OR (b) a bachelor’s degree in nursing and one year of professional nursing experience; OR (c) a master’s degree in nursing.
2. Requires licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois.
Conditions of Employment
1. Requires the ability to work after business hours, weekends, and holidays on a rotation basis.
2. Requires the ability to serve on an on-call basis.
3. Requires the ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted.
4. Requires ability to acquire and maintain Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certiﬁcate.
5. Requires ability to travel.
6. Requires the ability to meet all agency vaccine/health-related policies and guidance.
7. Requires ability to pass the IDHS background check.
8. Requires ability to pass a drug screen for drugs prohibited from recreational use under Illinois Law.
About the Agency
Illinois Department of Human Services serves families in need across Illinois. Our mission is to provide equitable access to social services, support programs, and resources to enhance the lives of all we serve. We are committed to the core values of Human Dignity, Equity, Community, Urgency, Transparency and Kindness.