Adult Residential Support Professional
Lutheran Social Services of WI & Upper MI is currently accepting applications for an Adult Residential Support Professional to join the team at Grandstone, a long-term transitional program serving 8 men and women with mental health and/or AODA issues. LSS staff provides support in medication management, independent-living skills, interactive groups and 24 hour supervision.
Adult Residential Support Professionals, under supervision, perform work involving the recovery, support and advocacy for individuals with severe and persistent mental illness. This position can be either full-time with full benefits or part-time with partial benefits.
At Lutheran Social Services of WI and Upper MI, the health and safety of our colleagues and clients is our top priority! LSS is regularly reviewing OSHA and CDC recommendations and guidelines to stay abreast of the ever changing Covid-19 pandemic. LSS employees are currently required to mask regardless of vaccination status when indoors and in the presence of clients or colleagues. Employees are expected to adhere to agency protocols.
Base Pay: $16/hour with an additional $1/hour for third shift opportunities!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Supports, interacts with, and monitors residents within established policies and procedures, providing positive role modeling.
- Records observations relating to actions and behavior of residents and maintains records and reports as required.
- Performs general housekeeping and cleaning duties as needed. “laundry equipment” – it’s regular household washers and dryers….May organize and distribute clothing, bedding and other supplies.
- Provides medication monitoring or medication administration as outlined in specific program policies.
- Provides information concerning status of clients to external partners within established guidelines. Is mindful of confidentiality requirements specific to the program.
- Identifies emergencies or crisis situations and responds appropriately.
- Maintains awareness of clinical treatment plan and supports residents in achieving goals.
- Ability to work independently and problem solve efficiently.
- Attends staff meetings and participates in training activities as required.
- Maintains confidential client information and record.
- May assist with meal preparation and other life skills for residents.
- May assist with grocery shopping for the facility.
- May transport residents to meetings, services, appointments and other activities.
- May be responsible for collecting urine specimens for urinalysis and administering breathalyzer tests.
- May provide educational group activities for clients within program specified parameters.
- May administer basic first aid as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- By being employed with LSS, which is a non-profit agency, you can be eligible for loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.
- Loans are eligible to be forgiven after 10 years of on-time and consistent payments through the income-based re-payment plan.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending for Dependent & Health Care
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Ability to Contribute to 403B
- LSS makes annual raises a priority for employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- Service Awards and Recognition
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon offer, candidates must successfully complete the necessary background, caregiver, medical and any other checks required, according to program requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
A High School Diploma or GED Equivalency is required for the position. Related experience or credits toward a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in social work, human services, psychology or similar major may be required based on contract requirements. Previous work experience providing similar services is preferred.
Possess standard reading, writing, math skills, problem solving capability, and the ability to accept/follow through with direction and both recognize and adhere to professional boundaries. The ability to provide services and function as a team member with patience, self-control and flexibility is essential.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation to perform the essential duties of the role; a motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory driving record per the LSS Driver Safety Procedure is required, and ability to meet LSS auto insurance requirements.
Completed training regarding DHS 83 (Fire Safety/First Aid and Procedures to Alleviate Choke, Standard Precautions, and Medication Administration) is preferred but may be obtained after hire (required after hire).
Ability to communicate both in verbal and written format, effectively and efficiently in job.
Working knowledge of computers to allow employee to access computer systems and applications to complete timecards, read and respond to email, access and use the LSS HRIS system, utilize LSS EHR systems, and complete required on-line training.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to frequently do the following: stand, bend/stoop, crouch, kneel, use stairs, and walk.
The incumbent of this position works in a community based residential environment. The incumbent will also be exposed to outdoor conditions when monitoring outdoor activities with residents, assisting with shoveling snow in the winter on sidewalks to assure safety, and potentially assisting with yard care spring-fall.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TRAVEL: Ability to travel on day trips as required up to 25-50%, depending on specific role.
LSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.