About Texas Campaign for the Environment Fund (TCE Fund) & Texas Campaign for the Environment (TCE)
TCE Fund’s mission is to engage people and communities through face-to-face public education, grassroots organizing and action-oriented research for a cleaner and healthier Texas. TCE is the state’s leading canvass-based environmental advocacy group, directly influencing public policy through community-based lobbying. Both organizations lead local, statewide and national issue campaigns to fight pollution, especially fossil fuel facilities that harm communities and worsen climate pollution. TCE Fund and TCE promote clean economy solutions such as Zero Waste and renewable energy.
Texas Campaign for the Environment Fund (TCE Fund) and its sister organization, Texas Campaign for the Environment (TCE) are seeking an experienced, strategically-minded activist to join our team as a full-time Development Coordinator.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for assisting and coordinating organizational fundraising activities to maintain and expand our donor base and inspire people to get more involved.
The person in this role will work with the Development Director and other staff to execute several existing fundraising activities and to implement new fundraising strategies in the future. Specific job responsibilities will include donor research and cultivation, fundraising drives, materials development, event management, and supporting grant applications and reports. The Development Coordinator will regularly interact with staff to collaborate on messaging, fundraising strategy, and organizational best practices.
TCE Fund strives to live by the organizational values of intentionality, justice, respect, teamwork, and vision. All employees, as well as the organization as a whole, use these values to guide the work that we take on, as well as how we go about doing that work. These values are used in our organizational strategic planning and our individual performance evaluations.
Major Functions and Responsibilities
• Major Donor Development – Identify, research and cultivate existing and new major individual donors. This will include arranging donor outreach and meetings, creating written materials, and performing ongoing donor stewardship steps.
• Event Coordination – Take the lead in the planning and execution of our in-person Trash Makeover Challenge event in Austin and potentially other fundraising events.
• Fundraising Drives – Assist in the planning and execution of several annual online and offline fundraising drives such as Amplify Austin, North Texas Giving Day, summer “sprint” fundraising campaign, and end-of-year fundraising.
• Fundraising Diversification – Support and participate in our current efforts to begin utilizing additional giving methods such as bequests, property and stock.
• Foundation Support – Help build and maintain our foundation partnerships, participate in the creation of grant applications and reports, and identify and research new potential foundation partners.
• Administrative Support – Assist with fundraising documentation and recordkeeping and reporting to management staff. Qualifications
• 1+ year of relevant experience in donor development and non-profit fundraising. Preferred experience in environmental and/or social justice work.
• Deep understanding of grassroots advocacy and organizing strategies.
• Proven experience managing complex projects from start to finish, independently and as part of a team.
• Outstanding verbal, public speaking, and written communication skills.
• Preferred experience with communications, narrative and messaging to a diverse array of audiences.
• Proficiency with MS Office and Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.) and with content management system (CMS) and constituent relations management (CRM) software. Other proficiencies such as project management platforms and/or graphic design (Adobe Creative Suite and Canva) given strong preference.
• Ability to quickly analyze and synthesize complex information.
• A keen eye for design and presentation for campaign materials.
• Spanish speaking and writing skills are a plus.
• A commitment to advancing the overarching goal of environmental justice, with an understanding of the range of current challenges and opportunities. • An energetic person who can handle and prioritize multiple activities and responsibilities; a self-starter and finisher.
• A team player who inspires collaboration and operates decisively; is flexible and well-organized.
• Strong critical thinker and strategic planner.
• Emotionally mature and self-confident.
• Available to travel throughout the state with occasional trips out of state.
• Experience in Texas is strongly preferred.
• TCE will require proof of full COVID-19 vaccination of anyone who is to be hired for this position. Reasonable accommodations for documented exemptions may be considered.
Annual salary range $35,000-45,000, commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes insurance coverage (medical/dental/vision, including an HSA account with employer contribution), paid time off and flex/comp time, paid holidays, retirement plan with employer matching contribution, and transportation benefit.
Central Texas (occasional travel may be required in the future)
TCE Fund is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. TCE Fund encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, and record of arrest or conviction.