Data Analyst Internship
What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
DHL Express is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their personal lives.
Start YOUR career with DHL today…
DHL currently has an exciting opportunity available for an Americas Fleet Data Analyst Internship. The Fleet Analyst Intern is responsible for performing research and analytical work for the Fleet Services Department, particularly in the areas of cost management, vehicle replacement schedules, performance benchmarking, action plan tracking, and procurement requirements.
Monitors and analyzes various Fleet data necessary to verify and ensure the integrity, readiness, and safety of vehicles, to include providing direct support to the Director and other Program Managers to manage data, vehicle life cycles, in the Fleet Management Information System.
- Monitors and analyzes data by utilizing a variety of Fleet management tools to report on short and long-term data trending to support the Fleet mission, including but not limited to, spending trends and contracts including fleet-wide contract and vendor compliance of performance requirements and directives.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for critical fleet management tools; maintains profiles and assists in the administration of the technical aspects of the Fleet Management Information.
- Develops new applications that support implementing plans.
- Performs data trends and data analysis, and implements updates and technological developments pertaining to the fleet management systems, processes, operations, service planning, data management of budget and cost allocation to all business processes; ensures the integrity of data inputs used to forecast acquisitions and disposals.
- Researches and manipulates data using Excel, to include creating reports, databases, web analytics and social graph data; creates detailed and extensive narrative and statistical reports.
- Prepares and/or analyzes various reports associated with Fleet Management, to include developing and scheduling reports that identify transactional data to support Fleet Management business needs for information or strategic data.
- Communicates ideas and recommendations though verbal and written reports.
- Organizes and presents verbal and written research/analytical reports.
- Produces written documents with clearly organized thoughts, comprehends, and makes inferences from written materials.
- Communicates with representatives of various regional and country work groups to discuss fleet management requirements, guidelines and expectations.
- Performs research, prepares written recommendations and communicates with various members of leadership in order to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Skills & Qualifications:
The minimum qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability necessary for an individual to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable amounts of training are provided.
- Bachelor’s degree in progress (Junior/Senior/Graduating) for Business Administration or other related field from an accredited college or university and four (4) years of progressive experience in controlling or administering a fleet management program involving extensive use of automation tools and software; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Above average to advance level computer skills, to include Microsoft office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Solid analytical and research skills that focus on the ability to be methodical and systematic.
- Considerable experience in operations research, organizational/department statistical analysis, and productivity work measurement
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to complete complex tasks in creative and effective ways.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Open working environment with moderate exposure to noise (business office with computers, printers, light traffic, telephone calls).
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
DHL Express USA will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
- Required language is English; Spanish a plus
- Intern is required to work 35+ a week
- Location: Plantation, Florida
- Intern is required to commit to a six month program. (July-December)
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster