Reports to: Assistant Director of Campus Services – Custodial
Department: Campus Services – Custodial
Location: Appleton, WI Campus Buildings and Areas (as assigned)
Hours: This part-time role is 20 hours per week. We are currently looking for any hours during
Shift 1: 6:00 am- 2:30 pm
Shift 2: 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm
The part-time position would typically work Monday through Friday – hours can be flexible based on your unique needs.
The Part-Time Custodian position provides a high level of customer service to all members of the campus community by performing a variety of custodial tasks and duties. Key responsibilities include basic cleaning, maintaining clean and orderly appearance inside of buildings, trash removal, and snow and ice removal. This position interacts frequently with staff, students, and faculty across the university environment.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities (for your assigned area)
• Clean and maintain all hard floor surfaces.
• Vacuum and spot clean all carpeted surfaces.
• Clean restrooms, showers and locker rooms and replenish dispensers (paper, soap, etc.).
• Clean all interior surfaces and areas in campus buildings.
• Remove and properly dispose of trash and recyclables in outside dumpster containers.
• Remove snow and ice from outside walkways and entryways.
• Make minor repairs as needed (replacement of light bulbs, etc.)
• Assist with special projects on an as-needed basis (summer and end-of-term cleanup, etc.)
Knowledge and Skills Required
• Must be able to climb a 12 ft. stepladder.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to learn to use equipment i.e. mall hand tools, vacuums, etc.
• Must be able to read and follow instructions, directions, and safety procedures.
Education and Work Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not necessary.
• Previous custodial/janitorial experience preferred, but not necessary.