Youth Services Section Chief
The Wisconsin Department of Children and Families (DCF), Division of Safety and Permanence, Bureau of Youth Services is currently recruiting to fill a Youth Services Section Chief position in Madison, WI. DCF offers great benefits, personal growth opportunities and work-life balance as a State of Wisconsin employee; and the intrinsic reward associated with serving the children and families of Wisconsin. Come see why DCF is such a great place to work!
DCF is committed to the important work of helping children, youth and families become safer, more secure and progress down the road to true independence. For more information about DCF, visit our website at http://dcf.wi.gov/.
This position is responsible for managing the Youth Services Section. This position provides statewide leadership to services for older youth involved in the child welfare and youth justice systems, including alignment of the youth justice and child welfare systems. The position works with county, tribal and private agencies involved in the delivery of prevention and intervention programs for youth, independent living services and resources for youth, and youth justice services.
The position is involved in efforts that ensure that communities, children and families are protected and safe by supporting community collaboration efforts and by developing program linkages with counties, courts, law enforcement, health care, and other partners critical to the success of older youth services. The position provides oversight and direction of the Chaffee Independent Living program, prevention and intervention programs for youth and integration of those policies and programs with youth justice practice.
This position is responsible for leading and assisting in trauma-informed programming, policy and planning to support and secure positive outcomes for youth, building youth skills for living responsible and productive lives, promoting safety and permanent family relationships for youth, and supporting positive social, emotional, and educational outcomes for youth while they are in and after they leave the child welfare system and/or juvenile justice system. This position will oversee the development of high-level program and policy evaluation for youth development and accountability programs in a variety of focus areas, including community safety, youth alcohol and other drug use, youth independent living services, human trafficking prevention and services, and youth justice services. The position will establish collaborative relationships with other public and private agencies to improve outcomes for youth. This position will provide oversight and direction for youth related programs, services and policies within the Division of Safety and Permanence. The position also conducts special studies and completes special projects as assigned.
Please address the following in your cover letter and/or resume:
Minimally qualified applicants will have:
- Experience supervising, directing, guiding, or overseeing the work of others
- Experience with program management and policy development in a human services setting
- Experience with administrative and fiscal responsibilities in an office setting (budget management, contracting and procurement, administering grants or other funding, etc.)
- Experience collaborating with a wide group of stakeholders towards a common goal
Well-qualified applicants will have:
- Experience developing, implementing, and/or monitoring programs for justice-involved youth and/or adolescents involved with the child welfare system.
- Experience in engaging persons with lived experience in supporting organizational practices and/or programming
- Experience developing and/or implementing new programs or significant changes in scope and direction to existing programs